Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Revival: From the ashes and darkness, this blog

I wasn't gonna do this. I had forgotten about this blog months ago. I had no intention of maintaining it once I had re-read my first posts. I just deleted them. They were pointless. I was in a bad place at the time. My girlfriend of two years and I had split and I was taking it badly to say the least. No need for details because this is more about the future and the present than processing the past. What I have learned in the 5 months since my last post now deleted is, don't dwell on the past and try hard to move on... I found out recently that she had no problem with the latter. Nevertheless, I still care for her deeply and I don't imagine those feelings leaving my thoughts at least until I am able to interact with people on a regular basis.

My situation has been agonizing in regards to "moving on". They say you need to surround yourself with people, get out there and sorrow will gradually leave you. The problem for me is, I am stranded 3 miles up a mountain road and the nearest town is 10 miles away. I don't have access to a car and this state has the worst guy to girl ratio than any of the 49 others and I am living with my parents! Let's just say I have had a multitude of sober time to process my feelings... a true test of self and faith in one's self. The worst has been weathered and my situation has been looking up.

To my credit, the plans and goals that I had set to accomplish as mentioned back in June have come to fruition. In a little over 6 weeks, I will be on a plane heading off to South Korea to teach English and experience life overseas. It is safe to say that any grief or longing for my ex-girl will have no choice but to evaporate, as I imagine my senses overloaded with the unfamiliarity of my surroundings, new job, language and culture. In the following posts, I will explain the process I underwent in successfully landing a job in Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment